Shotover Jet Boat Ride
World famous as the ultimate jet boat experience! Take a unique breathtaking ride through dramatic and narrow canyons, and hold on tight for Queenstown’s only exhilarating full 360 spins.
World famous as the ultimate jet boat experience, Shotover Jet has thrilled over 3 million people since 1970, and now it’s your turn! Take a unique breathtaking ride through dramatic and narrow canyons, and hold on tight for Queenstown’s only exhilarating full 360Ëš spins. ‘Can you handle the canyons?’ with award winning Shotover Jet, The World’s Most Exciting Jet Boat Ride, and the only company permitted to operate in the spectacular Shotover River Canyons.
- Life jackets are mandatory and are supplied, along with optional splash coats.
- Eyewear recommended year round.
- Dress warmly in winter – warm clothes, jacket, hat and gloves (although hand rails on the jet boats are heated) are strongly recommended.
- Onsite facilities include parking, retail, cafe, toilets, secure lockers and viewing areas.
- For safety reasons, no electronics e.g. cameras, video cameras, cell phones, are permitted on the jet boats.
- 25 minutes on the water.
- Allow 1 hour 30 minutes Queenstown return including jet boat ride.
- ‘Big Red’ jet boats depart up to every 15 minutes.
- Complimentary shuttles depart ‘The Station’ Info Centre (corner Camp and Shotover Streets) up to every 15 minutes.
- Self drive – located 6kms from Queenstown (see map on Shotover Jet brochure).
- ‘Big Red’ jet boats carry a maximum of 14 passengers: small boats - big thrills!
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Summer: 7:30am – 7:30pm daily
- Winter: 9:00am – 4:00pm daily
- Operate every day (river and weather conditions permitting) except Christmas Day.
PLEASE NOTE - Infant (3–4 yrs) travel free with accompanying fare paying adult. Children must be over 1 metre tall to travel. In high water, this limit may increase to 1.2 metres tall.
25 minutes on the water.
Allow 1 hour 30 minutes Queenstown return, including jet boat ride.
'Big Red' jet boats depart up to every 15 minutes.
Complimentary shuttles depart 'The Station' Info Centre (corner Camp and Shotover Streets) up to every 15 minutes.
Self-Drive - Located 6kms fronm Queenstown.
'Big Red' jet boats carry a maximum of 14 passengers: small boats - big thrills!
During the Winter months, we also provide a Shotover Jet scarf to assist with keeping your face warm (free of charge). Valid 1st May - 30 September or until stocks last. We suggest you dress warmly all year round.
Customers can wear a forehead mounted Go Pro while on the jet boat, which they can hire/purchase at time of check in.
All customers MUST check in 30 minutes PRIOR to Departure, whether they check in at The Station (for our courtesy shuttle) or the Shotover Jet River Base. For example: For a 9am jet boat ride, check-in is at 8.30am with the boat departing the jetty at 9am.
Shotover Jet will pick up from central Queenstown Accommodation for bookings of 7pax or more.
Hours of Operaton:
Summer: 7.30am - 7.30pm
Winter: 9am - 4pm
Shotover Jet operates every day (river and weather conditions permitting) except Christmas Day.